At Halo, we help adults with developmental disabilities live independently in their own home. Our staff walk beside our clients offering either education on choices and life skills, or companionship and personal care. Our service helps empower our clients to make decisions about how and where they live their lives.
Responsibilities of Direct Support Professional:
- Home care for adults with physical or mental disabilities.
- Work one on one with clients in their own home.
- Assist with daily activities including; meal preparation, house cleaning, laundry, bathing, toilet assistance, medical administration assistance, and transportation.
Requirements of Direct Support Professional:
- Experience in providing services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities or related disorders preferred.
- Pass criminal background check
- Must meet all agency requirements for pre- employment as required by HALO and/or State regulations.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ohio valid Driver's License in good standing
- Operable vehicle with Auto Insurance
- Eligible to work in the US
Education Requirements & Certifications Needed:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Prefer 6 months experience with people with developmental disabilities
- CPR & First Aid Certification Required (Training available)
This position will be mostly evenings, overnights and weekends.